Big News: Publisher's Weekly reports that Leonard Riggio has been reelected chairman of the board of Barnes and Noble.
- Publisher's Weekly reports that e-books rose over 150% in July.
- The Guardian speculates on the interactive future of e-books.
- Daily Finance reports that Amazon might start charging for its "Look Inside" option.
- eBookNewswer reports on the new Velocity Cruz Reader and Sharp's new online bookstore and e-readers.
- Techland on Blackberry's new tablet.
- Techcrunch reports on rumors that Amazon is working on their own tablet.
- "Angry as a Private Company Takes over Libraries" by David Streitfeld over at the New York Times.
- "The Digital Transition Dominates BISG Annual Meeting," by Jim Milliot at Publisher's Weekly.
- Slate reviews The Wall Street Journal's new Saturday Edition.
- "Author's Feel Pinch in Age of E-Books," by Jeffrey Trachetenburg - very interesting article.